Children and Families Activity
Online Bible Stories Read by Bob Hartman
Trinity Activity Please see YouTube https://youtu.be/Ku46syZFLII
Ascension Day Activity Please see YouTube https://youtu.be/vN4MVFv9fGs
Below are 3 childrens activities on YouTube you may wish to watch and carry out with your children.
The first video is in two parts https://youtu.be/RMt7rvPSNoI and https://youtu.be/Rcn1NjT2K6g
This helps introduce
children to the idea of an end of day prayer time in which they can name out
loud or to themselves the best and the worst moments of the day, offer them to
God and give thanks before going to sleep.
There are simple hands on activities and some quiet time. https://youtu.be/O-n6KhqFXd4
Rev Sara has put together some helpful that you can use with your children during this time. These are simple ways to encourage children to speak out their concerns in a calm and prayerful way amongst the people they trust the most, their family.
- Make a sacred space in your home with a cloth, a candle ( battery operated if you prefer) stones, rainbows, butterflies, flowers, sea shells, a cross ( children could make these) a children’ bible, heart shaped card ( also can be made) photos of loved ones, pictures of doctors, nurses, paramedics etc, poems and prayers.
- Spend time outside as frequently as possible
- A night time blessing to say with your children
Jesus tender shepherd hear me
Bless your little lamb tonight
In the darkness, draw close to me
Keep me safe till morning light
Father we thank you for the night
And for the pleasant morning light
For rest and food and loving care
And all that makes the day so fair.
Help us to do the things we should
To be to others kind and good
In all we do, in work and play
To grow more loving every day.
- Make a prayer paper chain of blessings adding one every day to see how long it can get
- Sing some hymns you like -lots to choose from.
- Say the Lord’s Prayer together
- Read simple bible stories.
- Have fun with your children, make bread, blow bubbles, sing songs, colour in pictures you can down load from the internet.
This Spring Term will include games, activities and films.
For younger children between the ages of 2 to 4 there will be games, bible stories and singing. Parents can stay with their young ones and join in the fun.
All ages are welcome at St. Luke’s so parents who come with infants should feel at home. There’s a crèche corner in the church with activity boxes and books to look at during the service and of course there’s always an opportunity to have a little wander.
All this takes place at 9.30am every Sunday in term time. The welcome will be warm and the morning is sure to be fun.