On 13th August 1940 St Luke’s became the first Church to be damaged by enemy action when a bomb landed outside the Church in Whyteleafe Hill. In the Sanctuary on the left hand side of the church there is a ‘Book of Remembrance’ recording the names of the R.A.F. personnel of the Battle of Britain who served at nearby R.A.F. Kenley. Either side of the high altar are Memorial Boards dedicated to those who lost their lives while serving at RAF Kenley.St Luke’s still has strong links with R.A.F.A. The War Graves Commission look after the graves in the churchyard of those killed in action during the last war. We also have links with the local school and uniformed organisations.